926 East Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI
49506
616.218.9257
www.rebelreclaimed.com

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What is it about?

When we first started dreaming about Rebel, I found this flag. I can't think of a better motto for this addiction to fabulous old stuff. It's just that every piece has a story. Recently I found the Holy Grail while visiting a little backyard shed in Summit, Mississippi. Chip's Grandmother's shed. Shoved up in the rafters was a beat up old suitcase. I felt like there was nothing else I could possible do but open it. When I did I discovered a WWII t-shirt and jacket that belonged to the grandfather Chip never met. And buried under neath that was a wallet that contained a receipt detailing the flower order for a New Orleans wedding in 1942. Chip's grandmother, who recently went blind, recited line for line the order from her wedding. White sweet peas, white roses. The whole wedding for $10.93. Now that's the moment that every junker dreams about. Reclaiming some precious fragment that had been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment